Yarra Valley Trail Stage 1 update
Since the official opening in February 2020 there have been more than 60,000 cyclists, walkers and horse riders have visited Stage 1a of the Yarra Valley Trail.
Following the official opening, works haven’t slowed down, with a variety of improvement works completed along Stage 1a, including:
- A new car park at Yering with horse float parking and horse tie up areas
- A new drinking fountain at Coldstream Station
- Habitat restoration works at Yering Station area which converted old 4wd tracks into a wetland area.
Improvement works on Stage 1a will continue over the coming months, including:
- Tree planting
- Picnic table and seating installations
- A new footpath along Station Street, Coldstream to be constructed in early 2021
In addition, we will also be constructing a bird watching platform near the Yarra Valley Water sewerage ponds which is home to diverse number of birds.
To date there have been 127 species of bird recorded at Lilydale Sewage Treatment Plant from a total of 52 surveys, with four new species identified last year.
Construction for Stage 1b of the Yarra Valley Trail from Yering to Yarra Glen is scheduled commence in February 2021, subject to planning permit approvals.
The Cultural Heritage Management Plan for Stage 1b is currently being finalised and planning permits will be submitted this August.
Keep an eye on the Ride Yarra Ranges website for updates or join our mailing list.